NEXION – Sintered Surfaces
Is NEXION a foreign brand or product?
No, NEXION is an Indian company and the product Made in India. The plant is in Morbi, Gujarat.
Is NEXION a tile?
Yes, it is a tile but not a conventional ceramic or vitrified tile, it is a sintered porcelain tile.
What is the difference between a ceramic, vitrified and porcelain tile?
Ceramic Tiles are made of clay and a mixture of other minerals and solvents. They are heated to high temperatures and are resistant to force and stain.
Vitrified Tiles are made by fusing 60% silica and 40% clay. They are also a type of ceramic tile made by warming the blend or setting it under high temperatures. They gain a glass-like texture in the process. Longevity, low porosity, scratch resistance, and low maintenance are some characteristics of vitrified tiles.
Porcelain Tiles are made from very fine clay that is fired at very high temperatures to remove more moisture from the tile resulting in a hard and dense tile. The density of porcelain tile makes it ideal for high traffic areas in homes and most commercial properties
What is sintering?
In layman terms, sintering is a process in which the ceramic tiles are heated at very high temperatures (1150°C – 1250°C) which evaporates all moisture, air bubbles etc and makes the tile extremely compact, hard and non-porous.
Why should we prefer porcelain tiles over vitrified or ceramic tiles?
Porcelain tiles are incredibly hard, impenetrable, scratch resistant, non-porous, weather proof, don’t fade, fire and frost resistant and have very high abrasion resistance. These can be used indoors, outdoors, on floors, facades, walls, counter tops….anywhere.
Is NEXION expensive?
No, compared to other imported brands it is certainly not. In fact, it is almost half the price if not more. However, NEXION is expensive than normal ceramic and vitrified tiles.
Which other Indian brand porcelain tiles can we compare NEXION to?
A. None, all other Indian brands are inferior. This is the best brand for porcelain tiles.
NEXION has a state of the art manufacturing facility and known for its high quality and design standards. It can be compared to imported brands, NEOLITH, FIANDRE, TECHLAM, LAMINAM etc.
NEXION also follows “5555” norms, the highest quality standard in the world. This ensures each tile is top grade in terms of brilliance, geometrical dimensions, surface quality, chemical properties, flatness, water apsorption, breaking strength, module of rupture, coefficient of linear thermal expansion, resistance to thermal shock, shade control across batches.
In what thicknesses are these tiles available?
6mm and 9mm. Very soon we will offer thinner and thinner, both.
In what sizes are the tiles available?
300x600mm, 600x600mm, 600x1200mm, 800x800mm, 800x1600mm, 1200x1200mm, 800X2400mm and 1200 x 2400mm. But, all styles/designs/varieties are not available in all sizes, so please check with us before ordering.
What do you mean by SCS and Dry Granula?
SCS – Sintered Compact Surface is a surface achieved by exposing tiles to a very high temperature and pressure whereby the atomic configuration undergoes a change, it becomes diffused and dense. One can manufacture tiles with similar properties to porcelain tiles. One can manufacture lightweight thin tiles with greater strength and very low porosity.
DRY GRANULA – It is better than SCS and one can get flatter, more reflective “wavefree” surfaces.
What is “R” Value?
The majority of floor tiles these days are given an anti slip rating. This rating comes in the form of an ‘R’ value. The ‘R’ stands for ‘ramp test’. This ‘R’ value ranges from R9, which has a small degree of slip resistance, right up to R13, which is the highest slip resistance. This ‘R’ value shows the degree of slip resistance the tile has.
R13 is the resistance recommended by many professionals for public wet areas such as showers in a changing room and pool surrounds, whereas R9 and R10 values are often used for domestic situations such as bathrooms and kitchens.
Can you guide us more about installation of large format tiles?
Here are a few points that will help you install the large format tiles better:
1. Do green mock-up before installation to ensure graphic pattern, colour and symmetry
2. Prepare proper level screed 15-30 days before installation, it will ensure release of moisture and gases, shrinkage and cavities in screed will be minimised.
3. Use proper handling, drilling and cutting tools to avoid cracks and breakage.
4. Use proper binder on slab as well as screed to avoid cavity and air pockets.
5. User spacers, levellers and Thumping Suction Cup for perfect level.
6. Minimum 2mm joint is strongly recommended. Proper positioning of spacers on floor is also as essential.
7. Cover the surface properly during installation process.
8. Please watch the following videos to know more about installation techniques:
9. Once the installation is complete, it is recommended to use specific detergents for the first surface cleaning. If epoxy grout have been used, it is absolutely necessary to clean the surface before the grout is dry. Otherwise there is the risk that the grout residues will stain the product indelibly. 10. Any good adhesive of a good make can be used. Please speak with your installer for the best advice.